Click on the logo’s below to view and purchase artwork
Click on the logo below to view and purchase artwork printed on products
Click on the logo below to lease works for your office space
I create acrylic and mixed media abstracts, semi-abstracts, and contemporary paintings based on observation of the world around me. My works are bold and expressive. I predominately base my work on the present landscape, landscapes observed while travelling, still life set ups and still life in its’ existing environment. I paint loosely from reference photos and memory. I also occasionally sketch small works on site and may reproduce a larger more abstract version in the studio. My works contain colour relationships, impasto texture, movement, geometry and layers.
I have been painting consistently with my local art group since around 2008 under the guidance of many tutors. I also attend multiple weekly tutored classes and full day workshops and I am continuously learning and thinking of new ideas.
Additionally in 2019, I commenced studying Certificate III in Visual Arts full time at Box Hill Institute.
Highlights and Awards
- 2nd Prize in oil/acrylic at Box Hill Art Group Annual Exhibition at Box Hill Town Hall in 2019 (Judge: Ben Winspear) Artwork – The Grand Canyon.
- Sold a large artwork to an International collector in USA in 2019, Artwork – Come Fly With Me.
- Selected and exhibited in ‘Life Abstracted’ exhibition at Cambridge Studio Gallery, Collingwood in 2018, Artwork – Dressed for the Races.
- Works leased and hung at The Cluster Co-working Office Space, Queen St, Melbourne in 2018.
- Highly Commended Award at Box Hill Art Group Annual Exhibition at Box Hill Town Hall in 2017 (Judge: Jo Reitze) Artwork – Country Drive.
- Box Hill Art Group Mid-Year Exhibition Winner in 2016 (Judge: Gillian McCarthy) Artwork – The Farmhouse II.
- Two artworks sold to an International collector in Finland in 2016, Artworks In the Foyer and Autumn Leaves.
- Small Group exhibition collaborated with a group of artists I met on social media in 2014.
- Fond memories of the Judge’s (Judy Leong – Artist in Residence) paragraph about my piece on receiving my first award at Box Hill Art Group in 2011, Artwork – Two Squares and a Bar.
Herald Sun Leader newspaper, 2 September 2019 – “Original Art Brings Joy”
Bluethumb Curation by Grace Lye, August 2019 “Affordable Art”
Bluethumb Curation by Freddy Grant, August 2019 “Wall Art for your Kitchen and Dining Room”
Bluethumb Curation by Grace Lye, June 2019, “Candy Colours”
Herald Sun Leader newspaper, 15 October 2018, “Masterpieces on the spot” Box Hill Art Group Annual Exhibition
Art Newz – Box Hill Art Group Newsletter, September 2018 “Practising Art and Other Things” Artist Profile
Herald Sun Leader newspaper, 25 June 2017, “Splash of Street Colour” Kathy’s painted traffic signal box
Herald Sun Leader newspaper, 6 March 2014, “Social media meet up Inspires artists’ Kew Exhibition”
I see the world and I paint it.